Much of the financial rulemaking following the financial crisis set its sights on the largest banks with the community and smaller regional banking sector unaffected or impacted indirectly. However, the new rules regarding capital represent some of the most consequential post-financial crisis rulemakings, affecting banks large and small. Finalized at last, the regulations provide direction for bank capital management decisions.
This webinar, co-sponsored by Mercer Capital and Jones Day, reviews the final rules and assesses their impact on community banks.
Who Should View This Webinar?
- CFOs, CEOs, controllers, and treasurers of financial institutions with assets up to $15 billion
- In-house counsel of financial institutions
- Asset managers, investment managers and portfolio managers with exposure to the financial services industry
- Investment bankers, research analysts
- Regulators, accountants and consultants
After attending this webinar, you will:
- Understand how the final rules define “capital”
- Appreciate changes to existing concepts, such as risk-weighted assets, and be introduced to new concepts, such as capital buffers
- Learn how investors in the public markets view the effect of Basel on the attractiveness of community banks as investments
- Be able to assess the impact of the new rules on different business lines and banking strategies
- Identify the significance of the new regulations to merger and acquisition strategies
Jeff K. Davis, CFA
Andrew K. Gibbs, CFA, CPA/ABV
Senior Vice President
Ralph F. MacDonald, III (Chip)