Grant Farrell, vice president, has been involved with hundreds of valuation and litigation support engagements in a diverse range of industries on both a national and international level since his entry into the valuation profession in 2007. He enjoys assisting middle market business owners navigate value issues related to M&A negotiations, due diligence, buy-sell agreements, gift and estate planning and litigation support in the family law space. He has amassed significant experience in the energy, professional sports, retail and professional services industries and assists in the creation of Mercer Capital’s Value Focus: Energy industry newsletter.
Grant has valued numerous complex and multi-tiered equity, preferred equity, mezzanine, debt and derivative securities. In addition, he has experience in valuing a wide variety of intangible assets such as patents, customer lists, trademarks, contracts, as well as performing lost profits analyses, economic damage studies as well as forensic accounting procedures and analysis. These engagements have been conducted for the purposes of mergers and acquisitions, buyouts, financial reporting, estate and gift taxes, allocation of purchase price, litigation support, shareholder dissent, buy-sell agreements, dissolutions, financing, and business planning.
Grant is also a presenter of various valuation topics to attorney’s, accountants, business professionals and students for the purposes of educating the public in valuation matters related to gift and estate, mergers and acquisitions and litigation support.
- The American Society of Appraisers
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (Dallas Chapter)
- The North Dallas Estate Planning Council
- The Society of Financial Service Professionals
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Certified Public Accountant (State of Texas)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (The AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (The AICPA)
- University of Texas, Dallas, Texas, (post-graduate studies in financial, regulatory, and managerial accounting)
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas (B.S,. Economics with Financial Applications)