Mercer Capital’s latest financial reporting update focuses on the topic of goodwill impairment. In this whitepaper, we feature five articles:
- Financial Reporting Fallacy: The Whole May Appear Healthier Than the Parts
- Industry Considerations for Step Zero: Qualitative Assessments
- Accounting Standards Update 2016-01: Impairment Considerations for Equity Investments
- What is the Order of Testing for Impairment?
- Tax Reform and Impairment Testing
Mercer Capital provides a full range of fair value measurement services and opinions that satisfy the scrutiny of auditors, the SEC, and other regulatory bodies. We have broad experience with fair value issues related to public and private companies, financial institutions, private equity firms, start-ups, and other closely held businesses. We also handle a number of different kinds of special projects that corporate finance departments may be outsourcing – completely or partially. In addition, we help clients think through certain financial or strategic questions and perform financial due diligence and quality of earning analyses for some transactions. National audit firms regularly refer financial reporting valuation assignments to Mercer Capital.