Andy Frew, Vice President, has over 20 years of business valuation experience. He has been involved with hundreds of valuation and related engagements in numerous industries.
He values businesses and business interests for financial reporting, gift and estate tax, corporate tax, corporate M&A, and employee stock ownership plan purposes. As part of his financial reporting practice, he provides public and private clients with fair value opinions and related assistance pertaining to goodwill and other intangible assets, stock-based compensation, and illiquid financial assets.
Noteworthy industry experience includes the oil and gas (specifically upstream/E&P), oilfield services, and auto dealership industries. As a member of the firm’s Energy Industry Team, Andy is a regular contributor to Mercer Capital’s Energy Valuation Insights Blog.
Prior to joining Mercer Capital, Andy was a senior valuation manager in the Houston, Texas office of Forvis (formerly BKD). Andy began his valuation career in the early 2000s with HFBE, Inc.
- The American Society of Appraisers
- Houston Chapter (2012 to present; Chapter President 2015-2016)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum
- Houston Business and Estate Planning Council
- The Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Business Valuation / Intangible Assets (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas (BBA, Finance)