Andy Frew, Vice President, has nearly 25 years of business valuation experience. He has been involved with hundreds of valuation and related engagements in numerous industries. Andy values businesses and business interests for gift and estate tax, charitable giving, buy/sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions, business succession/exit planning, and litigation support purposes.
Noteworthy industry experience includes oil and gas (specifically upstream/E&P), oilfield services, manufacturing, distribution, retail and automobile dealerships, and construction and building materials. As a member of the firm’s Oil & Gas Industry Team, Andy is a regular contributor to Mercer Capital’s Energy Valuation Insights Blog.
Andy also publishes research on valuation issues related to the construction and building materials industry in Mercer Capital’s quarterly newsletter Value Focus: Construction and Building Materials.
Prior to joining Mercer Capital, Andy was a managing consultant in the Houston, Texas office of Forvis (formerly BKD). Andy began his valuation career in the early 2000s with HFBE, Inc. (formally Howard Frazier Barker Elliott, Inc.).
- The American Society of Appraisers
- Houston Chapter (2012 to present; Chapter President 2015-2016)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Houston Business and Estate Planning Council
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum
- The Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Business Valuation / Intangible Assets (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas (BBA, Finance)