Don Erickson, Managing Director, has managed over 1,500 valuation engagements since his entry into the valuation profession in 1972. These engagements have been conducted for the purposes of litigation, merger and acquisition, financing, allocation of purchase price, estate and gift taxes, employee stock ownership trusts, and business planning.
He has testified numerous times in support of his opinions. This testimony has been in support of valuation opinions of business enterprises and intangible assets. Don has also testified as to the fair value of stockholder interests, valuation related accounting issues, solvency issues, lost profits, economic and financial damages to business interests. His testimony experience has been both in deposition and trial in both state and federal cases up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court.
Don has been responsible for valuations in a diverse range of industries on both a national and international level. He has valued both enterprise and minority stock valuations. He has extensive experience in valuing patents, trade secrets, computer software, customer lists, trademarks and other intangible assets.
Prior to joining Mercer Capital, Don was the President and Managing Partner of Erickson Partners, Inc., a business valuation and advisory firm based in Dallas, Texas. In July 2015, Erickson Partners, Inc. merged with Mercer Capital. Prior to founding Erickson Partners, Don was a former Senior Partner with Ernst & Young LLP’s Corporate Finance Practice where he served as National Partner in Charge of the valuation practice.
- The American Society of Appraisers
- Past National Chairman, Business Valuation Committee
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Post graduate studies in investment analysis from the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers and real estate appraisal courses, UCLA Extension
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, (M.B.A.)
- University of Santa Clara, Santa Clara, California (B.S.)