Lucas Parris is the leader of Mercer Capital’s Financial Reporting Valuation Group, providing public and private clients with fair value opinions and related assistance pertaining to goodwill and other intangible assets, purchase price allocation, stock-based compensation, and illiquid financial assets.
Lucas also leads Mercer Capital’s Insurance Industry Team, specializing in valuation and advisory services for insurance agencies, brokerages, underwriters, third-party administrators, and other industry service providers. These services include independent valuations for corporate transactions, agency perpetuation, buy-sell agreements, financial reporting, tax compliance, and buy or sell side consulting services.
Lucas has valuation experience in engagements related to corporate planning and reorganizations, fairness opinions, litigation support, employee stock ownership plans, and estate and gift tax planning and compliance matters. Valuation opinions prepared by Lucas have been accepted by each of the four largest U.S. audit firms and various regulatory bodies, including the IRS.
- The CFA Institute
- The American Society of Appraisers
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Business Valuation / Intangible Assets (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Certified in Entity and Intangible ValuationsTM (CEIV) – (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee (B.A., 2004)