Scott A. Womack, Senior Vice President, concentrates his practice in family law litigation (traditional litigated divorce and collaborative divorce) and valuation matters involving a variety of industries. He assists estate planning attorneys in federal and state valuation matters, family law attorneys in divorce matters (including business valuation, forensic accounting, division of marital estate, etc.), and small business owners involving the potential sale of their businesses. Scott has testified in several jurisdictions involving family law matters. In addition, he has testified in tax court.
Specific valuation concentration includes:
- Gift, estate, and income tax planning and reporting (valuation of businesses and business interests)
- Financial Reporting under FASB ASC 350 (goodwill impairment testing- formerly FAS 142), FASB 718 (valuation of stock-based compensation including stock options, restricted stock, stock appreciation rights, etc.- formerly FAS 123R)
- Holding company valuations (real estate/marketable securities) and fractional interests in real estate
- Automobile dealership valuations
Scott is also a presenter of various valuation and family law topics to attorneys, accountants, and business professionals for the purpose of educating the public.
- American Society of Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Middle Tennessee Collaborative Alliance (MTCA) trained as a Financial Neutral
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts)
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas (B.B.A. 1998)