Travis W. Harms leads Mercer Capital’s Financial Reporting Valuation Group. Travis’s practice focuses on providing public and private clients with fair value opinions and related assistance pertaining to goodwill and other intangible assets, stock-based compensation, and illiquid financial assets.
Travis leads Mercer Capital’s Private Equity industry team and publishes a quarterly newsletter, Portfolio Valuation: Private Equity Marks & Trends. He also contributes regularly to Mercer Capital’s Financial Reporting Blog.
Travis is a frequent speaker on fair value accounting topics to audiences of financial executives, auditors, and valuation specialists at professional conferences and other events across the U.S.
In addition to his work with clients on financial statement reporting issues, Travis performs valuations used for tax compliance, ESOP compliance, and other purposes for clients in a wide range of industries.
Travis is a member of The Appraisal Foundation’s working group to address best practices for control premiums, and co-authored the book Business Valuation: An Integrated Theory, Second Edition, with Z. Christopher Mercer, FASA, CFA, ABAR.
- The CFA Institute
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Appraisal Issues Task Force
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Certified Public Accountant/Accredited in Business Valuation (The AICPA)
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri (M.A., 1999)
- Quincy University, Quincy, Illinois (B.A., 1998)