Travis W. Harms leads Mercer Capital’s Family Business Advisory Services Group. Travis’s practice focuses on providing financial education, valuation, and other strategic financial consulting to multi-generation family businesses. The Family Business Advisory Services Group helps family shareholder, boards, and management teams align their perspectives on the financial realities, needs, and opportunities of the business.
Travis is also the leader of Mercer Capital’s Financial Reporting Valuation Group. His practice here focuses on providing public and private clients with fair value opinions and related assistance pertaining to goodwill and other intangible assets, stock-based compensation, and illiquid financial assets.
Travis is a frequent speaker on valuation and related topics to audiences of business owners, financial executives, auditors, and valuations specialists at professional conferences and other events across the U.S. In addition, Travis performs valuations used for tax compliance, ESOP compliance, and other purposes for clients in a wide range of industries.
Travis is a member of The Appraisal Foundation’s working group to address best practices for control premiums, and co-authored the book Business Valuation: An Integrated Theory, Second Edition, with Z. Christopher Mercer, FASA, CFA, ABAR.
- The CFA Institute
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Appraisal Issues Task Force
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Certified Public Accountant/Accredited in Business Valuation (The AICPA)
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri (M.A., 1999)
- Quincy University, Quincy, Illinois (B.A., 1998)