Business Development Companies
Business development companies are an important and growing source of funding for middle market companies.
Along with private equity and other investment funds, BDCs provide billions of dollars of investment capital to private companies in every segment of the economy.
For over thirty years, Mercer Capital has met the valuation needs of the same middle market companies to which BDCs and other funds provide capital. We offer the following services for BDCs and other investment funds:
- Ongoing fair value measurement and review for portfolio investments
- Fair value measurement process consulting
- Regulatory review and litigation support
- Purchase price allocation for portfolio companies
- Goodwill impairment testing for portfolio companies
- Equity compensation fair value measurement for portfolio companies
- Buy-sell agreement consulting and valuation dispute resolution
Mercer Capital’s senior valuation professionals bring broad and deep experience to the range of valuation needs faced by BDCs and other investment funds.
Contact a Mercer Capital professional to discuss your needs in confidence.
Industry Coverage Publications
Portfolio Valuation Newsletter
The Ins and Outs of Business Development Companies