Valuations are a critical element of successful tax planning strategies. Objective third party valuation opinions are vital.
Mercer Capital’s opinions of value for tax compliance purposes are well-reasoned and well-documented, providing critical support for any potential challenge. The overwhelming majority of the time, our work has resulted in quiet acceptance by the IRS, as well as state and local taxing authorities.
In the tax compliance arena, Mercer Capital provides valuation services for the following purposes:
- Family wealth planning
- Gift and estate tax compliance
- Corporate tax planning, such as reorganizations or recapitalizations
- Individual and corporate tax compliance
Mercer Capital’s experience includes valuing the following types of securities for tax compliance purposes:
- Shares of closely held companies
- Shares encumbered by specific restrictions under the securities law or block size issues
- Interests in family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Preferred stock, trust preferred securities, and other non-equity instruments
- Stock options and other equity-linked instruments
- Covenants and agreements not to compete
- Other intangible assets
Contact a Mercer Capital professional to discuss a valuation issue in confidence.
The Bank Director’s Valuation Handbook
Valuation Implications to Regulations Under IRS Code 2704