Jay D. Wilson is a senior vice president with Mercer Capital and a senior member of the firm’s Financial Institutions and FinTech practice industry teams.
Mr. Wilson regularly works with financial institutions (Banks & CUs) in valuation and M&A engagements. He assists banks and CUs in evaluating the attractiveness of acquisition candidates (whole banks, branches, or merger partners), determining a valuation for the target, structuring/modeling the transaction, and estimating fair value marks for financial assets (loans, core deposit intangibles) and liabilities (CD portfolio) acquired for financial statement reporting purposes.
Mr. Wilson also values financial institutions and fintech companies for a variety of other purposes including estate and gift tax planning, profit sharing or option plans such as ESOPs, corporate/strategic planning, and compliance matters.
In addition, he publishes articles on the community bank, credit union, and fintech industries and is the author of Creating Strategic Value Through Financial Technology (John Wiley & Sons, 2017).
- The CFA Institute
- The American Society of Appraisers
- The Institute of Business Appraisers
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Certified Business Appraiser (The Institute of Business Appraisers)
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee (B.A., 2003)