Jay D. Wilson, vice president, is a senior member of Mercer Capital’s Depository Institutions practice. Jay also leads Mercer Capital’s Financial Technology industry team and publishes research related to the FinTech industry.
Jay is also the author of Creating Strategic Value Through Financial Technology (John Wiley & Sons, 2017).
Jay is involved in the valuation of banks, thrifts, and credit unions for purposes including ESOPs, mergers and acquisitions, profit sharing plans, estate and gift tax planning, compliance matters, and corporate planning.
He has extensive experience providing public and private clients with fair value opinions and related assistance pertaining to goodwill and intangible assets, stock-based compensation, loan portfolios, and other financial assets and liabilities. Jay also directs projects in a litigated context, including tax disputes, dissenting shareholder actions, and ESOP related matters.
- The CFA Institute
- The American Society of Appraisers
- The Institute of Business Appraisers
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Certified Business Appraiser (The Institute of Business Appraisers)
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee (B.A., 2004)