Of all the topics we cover in RIA Valuation Insights, the most popular concerns what an investment management firm is actually worth. As a consequence, we thought it would be worthwhile to offer a webinar on the topic, and are planning to do so on Tuesday, October 3 from noon – 1:00pm (CST).
In the webinar, we will cover certain core issues such as:
- How to normalize cash flow to determine the profitability of a RIA
- How to compare different investment management firms to determine what risk-adjusted valuation multiples to apply
- How to evaluate the growth potential of one firm relative to the industry or relative to other firms
- What public company multiples say about how a private RIA is valued
- Are industry transaction multiples a useful benchmark in valuing an investment management firm?
Our whitepaper, Valuing RIAs, gives an overview of these questions, but we will cover them in greater depth in the webinar. The webinar is free to partners and staff of investment management firms. You can find out more information and register below.
Webinar: What Is My RIA Worth?
Date: October 3, 2017 (Tuesday)
Time: Noon – 1:00pm (CST)
Presenters: Matthew R. Crow, CFA, ASA and Brooks K. Hamner, CFA, ASA
Cost: Complimentary for partners and staff of investment management firms