Brooks K. Hamner is a vice president at Mercer Capital and is a senior member of the firm’s Investment Management Industry team. The team provides RIAs, independent trust companies, traditional and alternative asset managers, wealth management firms, broker-dealers, and investment consultants with valuation services related to corporate planning and reorganization, litigated matters, transactions, employee stock ownership plans, and tax issues as well as valuations of intangible assets, options, and assets subject to specific contractual restrictions. Brooks also consults with investment management clients in the process of buying other RIAs or selling their business.
As a senior member of the firm’s Investment Management Industry team, Brooks publishes research related to the investment management industry and is a regular contributor to Mercer Capital’s blog regarding the investment management community, RIA Valuation Insights.
- The American Society of Appraisers
- The CFA Institute
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee (B.S., Economics, magna cum laude, 2006)