Matthew R. Crow is the president of Mercer Capital and leads the Investment Management Industry team. The team provides RIAs, independent trust companies, broker-dealers, and investment consulting firms with valuation services related to corporate planning and reorganization, transactions, employee stock ownership plans, and tax issues as well as valuations of intangible assets, options, and assets subject to specific contractual restrictions. Matt and his team also consult with investment management clients in the process of selling or buying. Matt publishes research related to the investment management industry and is a regular contributor to Mercer Capital’s weekly blog, RIA Valuation Insights.
He is also has broad industry experience in insurance, real estate investment ventures, and technology companies accumulated by working with hundreds of client companies during his tenure at Mercer Capital.
- The CFA Institute
- The American Society of Appraisers
- Elected Member, Business Valuation Committee (2014 to present)
- The Appraisal Issues Task Force
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Chartered Financial Analyst (The CFA Institute)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (The American Society of Appraisers)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (M.A., 1993)
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee (B.A., 1991)