It is important to know the current value of your investment management firm and understand valuation concepts in order to:
- Know how to build the value of your investment management firm;
- Know how to evaluate opportunities to sell your firm; and,
- Have a basis for discussing internal ownership transition issues.
In this 60-minute webinar, Matt Crow and Brooks Hamner, who work with RIAs throughout the country on valuation-related issues, will address the following:
- How to normalize cash flow to determine the profitability of a RIA
- How to compare different investment management firms to determine what risk-adjusted valuation multiples to apply
- How to evaluate the growth potential of one firm relative to the industry or relative to other firms
- What public company multiples say about how a private RIA is valued
- Are industry transaction multiples a useful benchmark in valuing an investment management firm?