Karolina Calhoun, Vice President at Mercer Capital, has been involved with hundreds of valuation and litigation support engagements in a diverse range of industries on local, national and international levels. Prior to joining Mercer Capital, Karolina was a Senior Auditor at EY Memphis in their Audit and Assurance Services practice.
As a member of Mercer Capital’s Litigation Group, she provides valuation and forensics services for family law, gift & estate planning, commercial litigation, transactions (M&A), and further matters related to privately held businesses, dissenting shareholders, intellectual property, personal goodwill, etc. With her forensics accreditation, she provides economic and financial damages studies, asset tracing, lost profits, and lifestyle analysis.
Karolina also provides financial reporting and valuation analyses related to mergers & acquisitions, intangible assets, private equity portfolio companies, contractual agreements, and complex capital structures. She has experience in valuing a wide variety of intangible assets such as patents, customer lists, trademarks, and contracts. These engagements have been conducted for the purposes of mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, financial reporting, estate and gift taxes, allocation of purchase price, litigation support, shareholder dissent, buy-sell agreements, dissolutions, financing, and business planning.
Karolina is the Valuation Chair of the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Conference Committee and a member of the AICPA’s CFF Task Force. In 2018, she received the Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Standing Ovation award, presented by the AICPA to professionals for significant contributions in their specialty areas and in their communities. Karolina is the President of the Memphis Chapter of TSCPAs. Karolina is also a presenter of various valuation and forensic topics to attorneys, accountants, and business professionals for the purpose of educating the public.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Certified Public Accountant (Tennessee State Board of Accountancy)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee, (M.S., Accounting, 2010)
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee, (B.A., Business Administration and Economics, 2009)