Karolina Calhoun, vice president, has been involved with hundreds of valuation and litigation support engagements in a diverse range of industries on local, national and international levels. Prior to joining Mercer Capital, Karolina was a Senior Auditor at EY Memphis in their Audit and Assurance Services practice.
As a member of the firm’s Litigation Group, she provides valuation and forensics services for family law, gift & estate planning, commercial litigation, transactions (M&A), and further matters related to privately held businesses, dissenting shareholders, intellectual property, personal goodwill, etc. With her forensics accreditation, she provides economic and financial damages studies, asset tracing, lost profits, and lifestyle analysis.
Karolina also provides financial reporting and valuation analyses related to mergers & acquisitions, intangible assets, private equity portfolio companies, contractual agreements, and complex capital structures. She has experience in valuing a wide variety of intangible assets such as patents, customer lists, trademarks, and contracts. These engagements have been conducted for the purposes of mergers and acquisitions, buyouts, financial reporting, estate and gift taxes, allocation of purchase price, litigation support, shareholder dissent, buy-sell agreements, dissolutions, financing, and business planning.
Karolina is involved with the national forensics and valuation community, serving as a member of the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Conference committee. She was named one of 26 young CPAs to receive the 2018 Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Standing Ovation award, presented by the AICPA to professionals for significant contributions in their accounting specialty areas and in their communities. She is also the President-Elect of the Memphis Chapter of TSCPAs.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Financial Consulting Group
- Certified Public Accountant (Tennessee State Board of Accountancy)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee, (M.S., Accounting, 2010)
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee, (B.A., Business Administration and Economics, 2009)